Sunday, June 21, 2009




My son Chase served in the South Africa Cape Town Mission as a missionary. While there, he sent home a large piece of fabric that had about 6 different panels of African animals. Held on to it for a long time trying to decide what kind of quilt I could make with it. Close to the time he was to be coming home I chanced upon a quilting pattern that was just perfect I chose a lot of batiks, and African style prints and did sort of a Stack and Whack for the center. I then broke up the panels and border all around it. I gave this to him for his 1st Christmas home as a token of his missionary service in South Africa. One fun thing for me was that I was asked to have this quilt put on display at a Quilting Display at the Gilbert Museum. Kind of a Honor for me. Quilt #37

No comments:

Post a Comment