Saturday, September 26, 2009


During my trip to Pennsylvania, My sisters Laura arranged for a little traditional quilting fun. This photo is of my sisters Laura, Lisa and myself.
We have been doing this for 3-4 years now and it has become such a cherish time for us. It gives us a chance to learn from each other as well as strengthen us as sisters who unfortunately have to live so far away from each other. How grateful I am for them and also for this small yet significant new tradition we have.




Here we are in action, along with a new quilting friend Kate with her daughter Josie. Laura arrange tables where we could face each other as we sewed. It was fun to be able to watch each of us as we took little changes in color, placement to suit our taste. And of course to watch each other as we talk, share laughs and smiles.




We only had the better part of the morning and early afternoon for our get together but "ta da" this is the project that we work on. Mine is squished up between 2 sewing machines with the buttons laying on top. Its not quilted yet, but when it is, I'll post another post for you.

I plan on hanging it outside my front door this Winter. I think most of us were so excited about this cute snowman, that a lot of our doors will be adorned by him. I brought enough scraps home that I plan on making more, which some additions from my own fabric stash.

I do have to make a confession. I left with one suitcase and came home with two. Whats up with that? Yep, more fabric. But, I know you will understand. How can someone pass up a good sale. Unfortunately, a quilt shop owner in my sister's community has had to close her doors and I was one of the lucky ones to acquire some beautiful fabrics for a very good price. May her dreams come true as she works on establishing another store.

2 comments:

  1. I am finishing mine tonight... Hopefully I can get a pic posted tomorrow. I had a great time and I enjoyed spending the day with you and your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only regret is that it was for only one day. Next time you come back it is retreat in the hills and trees for several days!!! Ok ok.. maybe we should do an adventure with the "fabric case" that you filled up when you left here. When I come to AZ I will have a bag there to fill up and bring back home - who knows what kind of goodies I can put in there! Tell the girls at Sally's fabric Shop "hi" for me! I loved our day with Lisa and Katie too!

    ReplyDelete